Below are questions about trans people, sorted by topic.
Claims that trans people are irrational
- Is transition just capitulating to gender stereotypes? Why can’t you be a feminine boy or a masculine girl?
- Does being trans commit you to gender essentialism?
- Is being trans based on a misunderstanding of basic biology?
- Are trans people deluded about their bodies?
- You can’t measure gender identity, so why think it’s real?
- Why don’t trans activists accept the sex-gender distinction?
- Why are trans people are so angry?
- Stereotypes of trans women
- If we allow trans women into bathrooms, locker rooms, rape shelters, and prisons reserved for women, aren’t we just opening the door to predatory men?
- Many women are rape victims. Won’t they be traumatized if they have to be near trans women?
- Is being a trans woman an autogynephilic sexual fetish?
- Are trans women who call themselves lesbians really straight men trying to coerce lesbians into PIV sex?
- A trans woman once said something angry and violent to me; does this prove that trans women perpetrate male violence?
- Stereotypes of trans men
- Stereotypes of nonbinary trans people
- Other stereotypes of trans people
Worries about transition regret
- What if you regret transition?
- Are you afraid that transitioning will prevent you from having biological children?
- Are you worried that if you transition, your body will be disgusting and I won’t want to have sex with you?
- Is there an epidemic of children being “transed” because “woke” adults think it’s trendy?
Claims that trans people are the real oppressors
- Are trans women destroying women’s sports?
- Isn’t it unfair that rich white trans women like Caitlyn Jenner can claim to be oppressed and get away with it?
- Are trans activists just trying to shut down discussion?
- Do anti-discrimination laws mean that I will be fined or arrested for using the wrong pronouns?
- Isn’t it hurtful to call someone transphobic?
- Are trans people trying to erase and de-legitimize intersex people?
- Is “cis” a slur?
- Can’t I say “normal” instead of saying “cis”?
- How can I be cis if I reject gender stereotypes?
- Is “TERF” a slur?
- Do trans people want to stop women from naming their experiences?
- Do trans people just want to force their weird pronouns on everybody else?
- Are trans people just making up silly words for their gender identities?